Residents in our care are at the centre of everything we do at Ottrey Lodge. We believe that maintaining resident’s connections with their local community is an important part of ensuring quality of life. Our volunteer program welcomes volunteers, encouraging them to share their passions, interests and skills with residents in our care.
Why volunteer us?
As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to interact with our inspiring residents, allowing you to learn about their diverse experiences and life stories.
We understand that everyone is different, that one size doesn’t fit all. Therefore we encourage volunteers to share a wide variety of skills and passions with residents, giving them the opportunity to participate in new experiences and activities.
Benefits of Volunteering
Our volunteer program will no doubt provide you with very personal benefits; you may feel a sense of belonging, giving back to the community, helping others or a sense of being valued.
In addition to personal benefits, our structured program will provide you with the support to develop professionally. You will have the opportunity to learn through our internal education and training programs.
Make a difference in our resident’s lives
As a Volunteer at Ottrey Lodge you will be welcomed into our family, giving you the opportunity to be part of a vibrant and social community, make some new friends and experience the diverse personalities of residents in our care. Current volunteers on the program share a wide variety of passions with residents in our care including:
- Gardening – Share your knowledge and skills to enhance and assist in the upkeep of our Backyard
- Cooking – Run cooking demonstrations allowing residents to experience the smell and taste of new foods.
- Quilting – Produce quilts with the help of residents in our care for personal use or to be given as gifts.
- Knitting – With the help of residents, volunteers are able to provide much-needed clothing or blankets for those less fortunate
- Sport – Share a passion for your favourite sports with residents
- Music – perform or teach music to residents, whether it be singing or instrumental.
- Animals – Support residents in caring for our animals or assist with pets as therapy programs
- Arts and crafts – use your skills to assist residents in creating a wide range of masterpieces